EH STAFF – Mumbai
The National Restaurant Association of India (NRAI) has called for a two-minute silence on January 1, 2013 to pay homage to the Delhi gangrape victim. “When the entire nation is standing united against this terrible tragedy, the restaurant industry must also be part of this fight,” said Samir Kuckreja, president, NRAI.
Restaurants have been suggested to do the following at 8.30 pm on January 1, 2013:
- The lights in the restaurant / store should be dimmed/put off
- The store manager should make a short speech to tell customers what the objective is
- The unit team could ask a few female customers and female employees who are present to light a few candles
- Observe a two-minute silence
- Thank everybody and go back to work
Many of the members including Dominos, Pizza Hut, KFC, McDonalds, Yo! China, Barbeque Nation, Olive Bar & Kitchen, Beer Café, Pebble- Street, Adiga, have agreed to observe the same.