Following the roll-out of AvaniSHIELD (avanihotels.com/en/health-safety-update), a programme promoting heightened safety and hygiene measures at Avani Hotels and Resorts worldwide, the brand is now looking to introduce a new set of measures for its MICE facilities.
The brand’s flagship hotel – Avani+ Riverside Bangkok Hotel will be the test pilot in rolling out the new MICE programme, including new measures in seating arrangements and food preparation guidelines for group catering, before being gradually adopted by the other properties worldwide.
As an extra precaution in the post- 2019-nCoV world, Avani will be making the following guidelines mandatory for properties with MICE facilities:
- Adjusting the maximum capacity of meeting space to facilitate physical distancing.
- Introducing spaced out seating for all types for meeting room set-up.
- Rolling out temperature checks for the attendees, who will also be provided and encouraged to wear face masks at all times.
- At city hotels, putting a cap on the number of guests during coffee and lunch breaks and introducing clear floor markings to ensure physical distancing. At resorts, coffee and lunch breaks will be set up outdoors.
- At city hotels, adding bandwidth capacity in order to accommodate demand for online conferences and webinars.
- Mandatory temperature checks for contractors, suppliers and third-party partners who will also be required to wear face masks and gloves at all times during the pre-event setup as part of Avani’s ‘Trusted Partner Programme’.
- All incoming luggage, boxes and supplies will be sanitised prior to entering hotel premises.
- All stationary will be disinfected with a UVC (Ultra Violet C) device. Stationery displays will be replaced with an “upon request” system to reduce environmental waste.
- Ballrooms and meeting rooms will be thoroughly disinfected with a potent Ecolab solution that meets EPA standards.
- Food and beverages will be prepared in the back of the house. Buffet displays will be replaced with live cooking stations hidden behind plexiglass screens.
- Culinary team members wearing protective masks and gloves will be the only staff allowed to handle and serve food.
- Meeting attendees can opt to enjoy a bento box-style coffee or lunch break.
- Guests will be offered complimentary face masks and hand sanitiser or alcohol wipes.
- A dedicated AvaniSHIELD Agent will be on hand to oversee implementation of new cleaning protocols and adherence to the latest health and safety guidelines.
- Right after the event, a thorough cleaning will take place before the next meeting can take place.
- Properties are also trialling coffee and lunch breaks centred on immune system-boosting, plant-based food options and cold pressed juices.
Avani Hotels with standout MICE facilities:
Avani+ Riverside Bangkok Hotel’s multi-purpose event space on the 10th floor boasts unrivalled views the Chao Phraya River from its open-air terrace. In addition to offering over 4,500 square metres of flexible space, the venue features a 3,000kg-capacity car lift for direct access to the ballroom, bringing new meaning to “door-to-door” service.
Avani Khon Kaen Hotel and Convention Centre excels at the art of mixing business and pleasure, being the largest convention hotel in Khon Kaen. It offers 4,000 square metres of exhibition space and is located just a quick 15-minute drive from the airport.
At the ocean-facing Avani Quy Nhon Resort in Vietnam, groups enjoy a stress-free environment, excellent dining options and exciting sightseeing. Following a recent relaxation of restrictions on domestic travel, Quy Nhon is quickly becoming a popular MICE destination.
The newly open Avani Central Busan Hotel in South Korea has just introduced a spectacular new ballroom is a draw in itself, while the hotel’s location next to the Busan International Finance Center (BIFC) makes the venue the first choice for corporate meetings and launch events.
Make an impact with picture-perfect views of spectacular Zambezi nature with open spaces featuring flexible layouts of outdoor bomas, lawns for picnics and cinemas. Avani Victoria Falls Resort is a remarkable meeting and incentive destination mainly because of the multitude of activities guests can enjoy, from helicopter flips over the Falls or an exhilarating swim to the edge of the Falls, to wildlife safaris and white-water rafting, its range of bucket list attractions make a standout incentive experience.
After a successful renovation, Avani Kalutara Resort is introducing a brand new 350-square-metre Ganga Ballroom features stunning 360˚ views of the Indian Ocean and Kalu Ganga River.
Avani currently operates over 30 properties in Asia Pacific, the Middle East, Africa and Europe, most recently debuting in Cambodia and Republic of Korea. The brand has over 15 properties in the pipeline in Thailand, Vietnam, the Maldives, Oman and Malaysia.