Women are born managers, having the inherent multitasking skills to balance both home and career. But unfortunately for women there are very few organisations that use their skills and give them the same leadership experiences as men. Harvard Business Review research report released in January 2011, titled ‘The Sponsor Effect: Breaking through the last Glass Ceiling’ stated that women occupy only three per cent of Fortune 500 CEO positions comprise less than 16 per cent of all corporate officers and occupy only 76 per cent of Fortune 500 top-earner positions throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and AsiaPacific.
In this Independence Day Special, Express Hospitality salutes both these 10 women hoteliers who are General Managers, as well as the organisations for whom they work in India.
– Pep Kumar, General Manager, Vivanta by Taj, Yeshwantpur, Bengaluru
– Supriya Malhotra, General Manager, Radisson Blu Resort & Spa, Alibaug
– Ranju Alex, General Manager, Courtyard by Marriott Pune, Hinjewadi
– Monisha Dewan, General Manager, Hilton Garden Inn New Delhi/ Saket
– Parul Thakur, General Manager, Courtyard by Marriott, Ahmedabad
– Suman Nanaiah, General Manager, Royal Orchid Metropole, Mysore
– Kanika Hasrat, General Manager, Courtyard by Marriott Gurgaon
– Roop Sodhi, General Manager, Best Western Resort Country Club, Manesar
– Chitra Saleem, General Manager Vivanta by Taj – Panaji
– Benita Sharma, General Manager, ITC WelcomHotel Sheraton New Delhi